A new LasersEnigma version is available.
New textures for greater clarity
After many discussions with a gamedesigner (François), we started to redesign the textures of some components of Lasers-Enigma. This concerns the laser emitters and receivers, the concentrators (which combine colors) and the locks.
The redesign of these textures achieves three major objectives:
- From now on, the player can see directly if he has the right to orientate a component or not. This is visible at a glance, on the texture. It is symbolized by white bands, vertical or horizontal (or both, depending on the player’s rights in this puzzle area). This modification concerns emitters, receivers and concentrators. However, it does not affect the mirrors which keep their original texture.
- The player can more clearly see the color of each receiver or transmitter, activated or not.
- The player can recognize more easily if a laser receiver is activated or not because of the difference in brightness of the textures.
Thanks to Gabin (Ma0ling) and Bryan who also worked on these textures.
By the way, to make this evolution easily, we have coded 2 utilities that could be useful if you need to create skins in a chain.
- I created the first one to build textures from many layers. It realizes all the combinatorics of these layers and thus allows to create many skins very quickly. It is available here.
- The second one allows you to send skins in bulk to textures.minecraft.net (so you can use them as skulls). Bryan can send it to you on request.
As usual, you will find this new version here.
Finally, if you would like to donate a few euros to finance the project the patreon page is here.