As you may already know, since the last news posted here, many changes have taken place.
As usual, I haven’t bothered to keep you informed as I go along so put your glasses and drops in your eyes because what follows is a huge chunk of information!
The first one, not the least, is the publication of the plugin. It is now available for all free of charge. The source code is also available to all.
The private beta phase is now over. Thanks to all those who participated! I’d like to take this opportunity to thank all the people who participated to the plugin evolution or who supported me so that we could reach this point.
At the same time, I remind you that I spent a monstrous amount of time working voluntarily, during my free time, on this project (two years already, at my own rhythm, so with a variable investment, but still …).
I wish that the project remains free so that it is accessible to everyone, even to the less fortunate. In addition, I think that some of you have the means to give a few euros which would seem normal to me given the extent of the work done. So if you want to help me fill my fridge, buy me a beer or finance me to work more regularly on this project, the patreon page is there for you.
I also propose some rewards that could interest you. This goes from the creation of puzzles on your server to privileged support, through the availability of new versions in advance or the possibility to suggest improvements and new features that will be developed in priority.
The second news is the support of version 1.15.1. The plugin is now compatible with this last version!
Finally, we can note a number of changes, small and large, here is the list (non-exhaustive):
- Add german translation.
- Improvement of the translation system so that the file is updated automatically when new translations are added in the plugin.
- Particle number reduction for key chests and locks opening animations.
- Reducing the delay between two checks of who’s in the area to avoid certain error cases.
- Buttons to change the orientation of components are now displayed according to the player’s rights in the area.
- Many optimizations to improve the plugin’s performance!
- Add additional anonymous statistics to track the plugin usage.
- Addition of methods and events to retrieve player records more easily.
- Provide a method in ItemsFactory to retrieve ItemStacks of armor interacting with lasers.
- Add different events:
- An example project to discover how to use the project API. It already contains some features that serve as examples:
- Creepers explode by sending green laser particles in all directions.
- Lasers burn flammable blocks.
- A /legive command to get mirrors and armor.
- If a laser hits a player 3 times, the player is thrown up in the air.
- Laser emitters rotate on themselves every second.
A /lestats command to get the players’ records, zone by zone or in general.
- Attacking with a diamond sword returns the particles of light (Starwars here we come!).
- Javadoc is available online (here).
- Development guidelines. This wiki page explains not only how to configure your development environment, but also defines a kind of quality policy to follow.
- Creation of a ready-to-use virtual machine for development. It is based on debian with xfce and contains:
- MySQL Server and DBeaver (a tool for viewing MySQL Server content).
- A spigot/paper server for versions 1.12, 1.13, 1.14 and 1.15.
- IntelliJ (preconfigured for both projects).
- NetBeans (preconfigured for both projects).
- The browser already contains some shortcuts to the web pages related to Lasers-Enigma.
- Fix a problem using the /lasersreload command.
- Corrections of some translations.
- Victory zone selection correction.
- Correction in the laser emitter edit menu.
- Correction of the ability to link statistics from different areas to each other.
- Correction for key chests that were the wrong color.
- Correction concerning the impact detection system for laser particles (when a particle hits a player or another entity).
- Corrected some problems with custom armor in the puzzle edit menus.
- Fix a problem leaving ghost armor stands when the server crashes.
- Correction of the reception angle of laser receivers not updated when the component was rotated.
- Fix a case where the displayed component was not reset correctly.
For those who have read so far, I salute your determination!
To reward your efforts here’s a hint about a new feature that will be released soon (developed by Ghost290):
Maybe you thought that the plugin is not configurable enough? You’ve already heard about command blocks?
That’s it. I’ve already said too much.
In any case, I am truly proud to be able to share the fruits of my work with all of you. Thank you for your support!
And keep in mind that just because the plugin is now published doesn’t mean that it’s all over. On the contrary … The path continues. So see you soon!